Monday, 29 September 2008
Sunday, 28 September 2008
I will be posting some more in the coming days so be sure to pop back... these images are awesome... I just wish I had more time off work so I could stay home and stamp!!
So, go check out the High Hopes Rubber Stamps website to see the whole range of dragons, fairytale stamps, Christmas and HEAPS of co-ordinating stamps.... OH... I just love them all!! Crissy has gone above and beyond with these ones!
Now, there is one more thing before I whip off to make some more cards... The High Hopes Diva's have started a new CHALLENGE BLOG! This is going to be so much fun... each Sunday we are going to post a new challenge and we want you to come join in and show us your cards! Pop on over to have a look at our first one and see some more cards made using these new stamps! OH... its all too exciting for words!!
I can't wait! Pop back tomorrow for some fun cards made using some of these amazingly, fabulous, CUTE stamps and a link to another fun surprise we have planned... just for you!
Saturday, 27 September 2008
Friday, 26 September 2008
1. I have a happy dance! Yep... I repetitively sing whatever I am happy about... foooor example, "wooooohhooo my stamps are here... wooooohhooo my stamps are here... wooooohhooo my stamps are here" and partner that with wriggling and jumping around in front of the dog and you have a situation that could cause concern if witnessed by another human being!
2. I am a watercolour addict... I watercolour images and then never make cards from them. I just watercolour for the fun of it and then set the images aside. It helps when I don't feel like watercolouring though... or sometimes when I watercolour too much I get sore hands and cant hold the blender so I turn to actually making cards from the images then!
3. I like to bake... but only if it has chocolate in it! I am ok at it too... I can make most things I try well but when I realise I am on to a good thing it all goes downhill... I make it all the time until we are so sick of eating it we can't even look at it. Thanks Mum... we both know I got that from YOU!
4. I love my nanna nap. I have afternoon sleeps after work a few times a week! I usually sleep until Matt comes in the driveway then I quickly get up and make it seem like I was awake the whole time so he doesn't tease me! What... ME?? NEVER! Hehehe
5. I am terrible at paying bills. It's not that I don't have the money, its the hassle of logging into my internet banking account... I am too lazy and I get my mobile phone cut off almost every month for paying it late! Well, that has been my trend lately anyway!
6. I am so scared the microwave at work is going to blow up I can't bring myself to stand in the room with it while its on! I turn it on and then leave until it beeps! It's not every microwave I have an un-natural fear of, its just this one....
and lastly, on the off chance you are still reading.....
7. I loooove ice-cream! I eat it pretty much every day, all year round and the only time I don't eat it is when we have run out and forgot to get it from the shops. My uncle said I have always loved ice-cream... he said that I used to call it E-cream and when my nanna would walk me to the shop I always wanted her to get me E-cream!
So now I am going to tag some lovely bloggers that I have been visiting lately... go have a look... their work is great!
Tori - Wild Stamping Sprinkles
Michelle - Just Painting Around
Chrissie - Chrissie's World
Monday, 22 September 2008
*UPDATE*Well, here she is... two months wait for the red one was definately worth every second! Driving back to work this afternoon was the most horrific 2 km’s of my driving life. The car was too quiet I couldn’t work out if it was going or if it had stalled. Then I didn’t know how much to rev it, I kept looking at the radio for the speed (the echo had the dash in the centre)… it was a real ordeal. I found it so stressful that I gave myself a headache and I was shaking when I got back to my desk!! I had better get used to granny revs, bunny hops and teeth cleaning again! I am getting used to it now but it will still be wrapped up in cotton wool for a bit yet. 1.8L engine is certainly a lot better than 1.5L…. it takes off FAST… petrol is going to cost me a fortune!
Sunday, 21 September 2008
Thursday, 18 September 2008
Tuesday, 16 September 2008
Monday, 15 September 2008
This is the card I finished just before the Wii came into our lives... I used a sketch from Sketches by Bunny-Zoe and changed it slightly because I couldn't find anthing to sit right behind the lion in the middle... it wasn't working out for me so I decided to add a couple Bravo Burgundy eyelets and put some linen thread between them.
I would love to know what you think!
Saturday, 13 September 2008
Friday, 12 September 2008
*Update* Here is the link to the card from 1975... it great!! They have also made a newer version in 2002 - check it out! Thanks heaps Aunt Mis for sending the link!
Thursday, 11 September 2008
When I saw this Diver Dan stamp I just had to have him! Isn't he just too cute? This card was a blast to make... I loved watercolouring the sea floor and making the seaweed and the coral as bright as I could possibly make it! In person this card looks a lot brighter and sparklier (hey, a new word from the weird and wonderful language of Amy)... there is kindyglitz on the coral, the rock and on Dan's flippers hair and hands where I thought he would be moving through the water.
Wednesday, 10 September 2008
So, THANK YOU Crissy and Tina for this wonderful opportunity and for the amazing compliment that you like my work enough to want me on your design team! I will give it my all!
Tuesday, 9 September 2008
I made a couple cards on the weekend trying to use up some of my paper. I just loved the colour combo of these cards that I just kept going! I made four!! This is Simon the Turtle from High Hopes Rubber Stamps!
If you haven't already noticed, I seem to rave on quite a bit about a few of my favourite HH design team members... well, great news! Crissy, aka #1artist4highhopes, has started a blog! WOOHOO.... check it out here... if you don't already know, she is the one behind the wonderful HH images too... I can't believe I know who actually draws these adorable animals!
Sunday, 7 September 2008
Tuesday, 2 September 2008
This was the best photo I got that day. They were in the highest gum trees and I had the biggest lens we had on and they were still hard to catch. They move AMAZINGLY fast! It is any wonder they get anything from the flowers when they jump around that fast!